What is NPAPW?
The Network Performing Arts Production Workshop (NPAPW) is an annual conference hosted in a rotating city of Europe and the United States of America every other year. It is a single track workshop in which attendees learn about technologies utilizing advanced networks to enable arts instruction and performance, experience master classes and live performances leveraging these technologies, and meet the colleagues and representatives from institutions advancing this realm of work.
For NPAPW 2020, we encourage submissions that transcend experimental application domains such as telematic improvisation, innovative pedagogical approaches, promote cross-cultural engagement, and technological innovations that support experimental media over high-performance networks.
Who should attend?
Performing artists, composers, academic administrators, faculty, technology developers, cultural video producers, administration and staff from performing arts venues – anyone or any institution interested in using interactive technologies over high-speed networks in educational programs or performances.
What are the dates for NPAPW 2020?
NPAPW will be held April 21-23, 2020.
Where is NPAPW 2020 hosted?
At Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at their Curtis R. Priem Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center in Troy, New York, USA.
Who organizes NPAPW?
What technologies will be a part of the NPAPW 2020 demonstrations?
This is constantly evolving, but here is a (mostly) comprehensive list:
- LoLa – an ultra-low-latency Windows platform that allows synchronous performance in above CD-quality audio and HD video.
- Ultragrid – a cross platform software application that uses consumer devices for streaming up to 8K resolution video and multichannel, high resolution audio.
- Polycom/H.323 – A commercially produced software and hardware communications standard particularly effective for educational programs.
- MVTP – A hardware streaming solution offering up to 4K at 60FPS with TICO compression.
- JackTrip – A multichannel audio streaming solution for Macintosh and Linux.
How do I present at NPAPW?
There is a formal submission process preceding each workshop. The call for proposals will be posted here soon!
Who is on the Program Committee?
The Program Committee members will be shared soon.